Production Supervisor (2nd & 3rd Shift)
Sandusky, OH | Injection Molding
Will supervise and direct manufacturing personnel on the plant floor to improve quality, efficiency, labor distribution, and productivity. This is a 2nd or 3rd shift opportunity. Some relocation assistance may be available if necessary.
SOME KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and direct plant floor activities to improve utilization of company resources such as material, labor, and machine. Achieve company objectives through effective management of processes, material, and human resources.
- Lead others in a professional and respectful manner with a “ can-do” attitude (assigning work, training, handling personnel issues, & enforcing quality standards/policies/procedures, etc.)
- Plan, coordinate, and manage operational issues to enable the attainment of operational targets— maximizing uptime, reducing/eliminating downtime, reducing scrap, resolve production/mold issues
- Identify maintenance concerns and issues and work to assist in their resolution.
- Hold employees accountable for their actions and the quality of the parts they produce, with a production goal of zero defects
- Accurately maintain production reports and records
- Maintain a high degree of visibility on the plant floor to insure operational effectiveness
SOME MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 3+ years of experience leading teams in a manufacturing plant, preferably in an injection molding environment
- Hands-on plastics molding experience is a plus but is not necessary
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to direct others in a professional manner