800 Worcester Street
Post Date: 10/04/2017
Job ID: 498
Well-established manufacturing company seeks " hands-on" experienced plastics technician/leadperson to be responsible for setting-up, troubleshooting, processing, and maintenance of all equipment in the Plastics Department to ensure that quality product is produced in a productive manner. This is a 2nd shift position based in Southern Massachusetts. Some relocation assistance is available.
Some Key Job Responsibilities:
Some Minimum Job Requirements:
- Supervise staff on shift with respect to safety, quality, attendance, performance, productivity, etc.
- Set up dies, auxiliary equipment & operate machines to produce extruded or injection molded plastic parts
- Schedule and/or perform preventative maintenance on equipment
- Inspect parts to meet quality standards
- Troubleshoot production issues, referring exceptional problems to Plant Manager
- 5+ years of plastics extrusion and injection molding experience, preferably with profile and/or tubing products
- Experience in a lead and/or supervisory role in a manufacturing environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, supervisory, problem-solving, and computer skills
- Ability to use gauges, SPC, etc.