Manchester, NH | Injection Molding
Job Function: Perform maintenance on equipment and machinery in the plant and also perform physical plant maintenance, both indoors and outdoors, as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor. Receives instruction from the Maintenance Supervisor as to the nature of assigned duties and job responsibilities with little guidance as to the details in carrying them out.
1. Maintain and document preventive maintenance on plant equipment.
2. Maintain and repair electrical devices and fixtures in the plant as directed.
3. Maintain and repair plumbing fixtures and connections in the plant as directed.
4. Performs minor structural repairs in the plant.
5. Report inadequate inventory of supplies and equipment to Maintenance Supervisor.
6. Performs related work as required.
7. Performs machine maintenance and repairs as directed.
8. Read, interpret and follow company policies and procedures.
9. Must set example in all actions of work, discipline, attendance, quality and performance.
10. Prevent non-conformity to customer expectations when known, identify and record any non-conformity in accordance with corporate procedures and initiate corrective action to prevent future occurrences, in both customer and internal concerns.
11. Ensure documentation is complete and concise.
12. May be required to perform the duties of Utility Person if necessary.
13. May be required to attend training meetings and or informational meetings.
- Must be able to stand and walk, for long periods, throughout the workday.
- Must possess sight and hearing senses or use prosthetics that will enhance these senses to function adequately.
- Must be able to lift and move objects with a maximum weight of 75 pounds.
- Must be in general good health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Must be able to work in a drug free and alcohol free environment.
- Must maintain good personal hygiene.
- Must have the ability to use powered lifts. (powered pallet jack, forklift and mold set lift)
- Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent with basic understanding of electronics, hydraulics, robotic, machine maintenance, pneumatics, industrial wiring, carpentry, plumbing, heating, and air conditioning.
- Work experience: One year performing basic maintenance work which has included at least electrical, mechanical trades, robotic and/or pneumatics.
- Read, write and speak English language.
- Must demonstrate leadership qualities and abilities.
- Must have adequate transportation and possess a valid drivers license.
- Must be willing to pursue further training and education.
- Must possess a telephone and/or provide communication access.
- Demonstrate attendance exceeding basic company guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to function independently, have the flexibility and ability to work efficiently with others.
- Possess the ability to perform in a flexible and adaptive manner to situations and work demands.
- Must have knowledge of principles, practices and methods of plastic injection molding.
- Must possess the ability to plan, review and recommend changes to standard operating procedures.
- Must possess the ability to input data on computer.
- Possess the ability to understand and operate molding machine controls.
- Must have knowledge of the methods, practices, materials and tools used in electrical, plumbing, robotic, pneumatics, hydraulics, and related trades.
- Must have knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety problems involved in the installation, maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the interpretation of blue prints and other working plans, sketches, and drawings.
- Must have the ability to maintain records.