Job Title: General Manager
Department: Division Administration
Reports To: CEO/President
Prepared By: HR Department
Directs production, distribution, and marketing operations for division, or assigned territory of industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures.
Confers with customers and representatives of associated industries to evaluate and promote improved and expanded services in area.
Develops plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and employees.
Reviews production costs and product quality, and modifies production and inventory control programs to maintain and enhance profitable operation of division.
Reviews operations of competing organizations and plans and directs sales program to develop new markets.
Reviews all corrective actions, HOLD' s and dispositions.
Directs preparation of accounting records. Recommends budgets to management.
10 directly: approx. 500 indirectly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· be detail oriented
· possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
· ability to work well with others
· able to travel
· possess good time management skills
· able to take on multiple tasks at one time and see through to completion
· be self directed and self motivated
· excellent leadership skills
· effective problem solving techniques
Bachelor' s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
· 8-10 years experience in related field.
· Plastics and product background.
· Computer literacy.
· Management Interaction training/education/experience.
· AS 400 Computer system.