7350 Dry Creek Parkway
| Injection Molding
Post Date: 11/29/2017
Job ID: 509
Position Title: Engineering Manager-Oxford Reports to: VP/General Manager
Date Written: June 30, 2013 Department: Engineering
Direct Reports: Project Managers, Mold Designers, Engineering Coordinator,
Works closely with Sales and Manufacturing meeting quote deadlines and new tooling
program deliveries while supporting profitability objectives.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Directs the efforts of the project management staff.
- Reviews all RFQ’ s for suitability and assigns quotes and awarded programs to a project manager.
- Works with clients, sales, and project management to resolve business and technical issues relative to new and existing programs.
- Verification and Validation for medical products.
- Ensures department objectives are met in regards to quality, delivery, service, .
- Attends and submits new work information in weekly staff meetings.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and quality departments.
- Responsible for establishing departmental and personnel goals.
- Balance staff requirements with department workload.
- Responsible for managing their own portfolio of customers and covers the existing project mangager responsibilities for vacation coverage.
- Develop personal/professional goals for Departmental staff.
- Build, develop and manage engineering team capable of carrying out operational needs.
- Through the Review Process, continue to develop employees to improve business performance and continue to attract and retain the best possible employees.
- Expected to exhibit and demonstrate safe behaviors at all times and to perform job in a safe manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Priority setting – able to effectively direct the activities of others including establishing expectations, removing barriers and managing performance
Delegation: Clearly and comfortably delegates both routine and important tasks and decisions, broadly shares both responsibility and accountability.
Organizing: Uses resources effectively and efficiently.
Time Management: Values time, uses his/her time effectively and efficiently.
Customer Focus: Establishes and maintains effective relationships with internal and external customers and gains their trust and respect.
Communicating: Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel including executive management.
Peer Relationships: Is seen as a team player and is cooperative.
Integrity and Trust: Admits mistakes and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Managerial Courage: Provide current, direct, complete, and “ actionable’ positive and corrective feedback to others, faces up to people problems on any person or situation quickly and directly.
Bachelor' s degree in Mechanical or Plastics Engineering or work experience equivalent.
- Minimum 7 years related experience required.
- Supervisory/management experience in manufacturing environment.
- Plastic Injection Molding experience strongly preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, maintain confidentiality, meet deandlines, and work in a team environment essential.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office with focus on Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project or other time management software.
- Prefer prior technical management responsibility.
- Firm understanding of tooling, molding, secondary, product design, Cad/Cam, mold design and other processes related to the plastics industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the IQ, OQ, PQ process.
- Has had direct customer responsibility in prior positions.
- Ability to work under adverse conditions that may require the donning and use of personal protective equipment including but not limited to the following:
- Eye Protection (corrected or otherwise)
- Ability to receive, comprehend and utilize required training from OSHA and Company including but not limited to the following:
- First aid and CPR
- Lock out/ Tag out
- Ability to perform light lifting in a safe manner which includes the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to move about all areas of the plant, including uneven surfaces.