Vice President of Operations
Exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing custom injection molder expanding in the medical device market in Upstate New York!
Leads development of a culture focused on performance management, ownership/accountability, continuous improvement and innovation consistent with core values and operational profitability goals. Develops and monitors agreed upon expectations, key result metrics, strategies and plans to insure long-term success.
Contributes to developing strategic priorities at the corporate level. Defines and recommends objectives in each area of Operations. Define and implement strategic changes in manufacturing and operations policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of operation. Develops budget requests and financial estimates to attain corporate goals.
Develops the professional growth and capabilities of all team members and ensures the team members best fit capabilities to support company success.
Provide daily support, guidance and communication to staff and act as a liaison between other internal departments and managers in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems to improve efficiency and maintain a work environment that is conducive to personal excellence, continuous improvement and innovation consistent with core values.
Provides leadership direction to Plant Managers, Supply Chain Manager and Facility and Maintenance Manager.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Bachelor’ s degree in business and/or engineering or equivalent.
- Ten years of experience in the plastics, or related, industry is required.
- Possession of a valid driver’ s license is required.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- 25% Travel required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency including word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, and generating reports using standard software applications.
- Strong performance management skills.
- Promote the Quality Improvement Process.
- Possess superior leadership and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to interact with customers, vendors, and coworkers in a professional and helpful manner in person or via phone or written correspondence.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short-term and long-term goals.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative in meeting sales and revenue goals.
- Contribute to the overall access of the company by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely, and accurate manner.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and methods.