Thermoplastic Molding Manager
Warren, RI | Direct Hire
Seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual to serve as the TPC Manager for the Advanced Composites Center. This position is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the TPC Department. In addition, the TPC Manager will help manage department growth and improve process and organizational efficiency to ensure continued profitability.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Supervise, schedule and manage all aspects of the TPC department
- Work with the Sales Department to ensure all customer needs are met on a timely basis.
- Work with the Quality Department to improve first time yields and troubleshoot any quality issues.
- Work with Engineering to assist in the development and improvement of TPC parts.
- Foster and promote a lean, continuous improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Identify, quantify, prioritize and track continuous improvement initiatives to achieve TPC growth and operating goals.
- Provide leadership by promoting a team environment, ongoing training and feedback, as well as developing individual talents.
- Complete annual performance reviews for TPC employees.
- Participate in the daily Management Review Board and Buffer Meetings.
- Conduct yourself and ensure TPC employees conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other standards of conduct
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’ s degree or equivalent experience is required, Engineering degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with a minimum of 5 years experience in a manufacturing manager role is required.
- Ability to effectively manage employees to meet performance and behavioral expectations; experience successfully managing time and attendance issues; demonstrated ability to achieve results through others
- Experience with thermoplastic composites manufacturing methods is preferred.
- Strong blueprint interpretation, understanding of tolerance specifications and good working knowledge of GD&T is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong working knowledge of problem solving, root cause analysis, and associated solution implementation
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Show initiative in work by being a self-starter, suggesting new ideas for completing a job, giving input as to how to improve the efficiency of a job, multitask, and organizing work time in order to complete jobs in a timely matter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Infor VISUAL or similar ERP software desirable but not required