Columbus, OH | Direct Hire
Job Purpose: Contribute to corporate gross sales growth by generating, tracking, pursuing, and closing new business opportunities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produce new quoting opportunities with existing and new customers.
- Follow up on all leads in North America that are not within independent rep territories.
- Travel as needed to meet with customers and prospects.
- Prospect new accounts independently and as assigned.
- Liaison with customers prior to the award of business. Collect information from customer to support quote preparation, engage engineering as needed and present quotes to customer.
- Follow up on all published quotes until final resolution is reached.
- Maintain all assigned customer and quote records in CRM system.
- Formal reporting for all customer visits and status of open opportunities.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships at all levels of customer’ s organizations, Plant to President.
- Account management including conflict resolution, assigned tasks, price changes and general relationship management.
- Attend trade shows in an effort to promote the company.
- Customize presentations for specific customers and/ or applications.
- Cross trained in estimator position for backup as needed for workload, vacations and/or vacancy of the estimator position.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as requested.
Educational Requirements and Years of Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in an engineering discipline. 5+ years in similar role in lieu of degree.
- 3+ years in a technical sales role, with proven track record of relationship development. Tooling or injection molding background preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with quality system requirements such as ISO/TS 16949 or ISO 13485.