Asheville, NC | Injection Molding
The sales engineer position applies technical, organizational and customer knowledge to provide engineering solutions to current and potential customer’ s needs to expand sales and markets. This position reports directly to the President and is responsible for the general duties and essential functions as described below:
General Job Duties:
- To gain a complete understanding of the Corporate Philosophy
- To exhibit a professional attitude, teamwork, and continuous improvement skills that exemplifies the principles of the Corporate Philosophy.
- To follow policies and display conduct expected of employees as described in the employee handbook
- To meet and maintain all customer quality standards as well as the quality standards of the company
- To follow safety rules and policies and display safety conduct expected of employees.
- Empowered and responsible for eliminating unsafe acts and conditions:
- Continually be on the lookout for any unsafe acts or conditions
- If you are comfortable, immediately correct any unsafe acts or conditions
- If you are not comfortable with correcting an unsafe act or condition, notify your supervisor immediately
- Perform other general duties as requested, directed, and assigned
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Researches markets, potential customers, competitors and develops action plans to expand sales and markets.
- Prepares monthly/yearly sales forecast and initiates approved action plans.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations.
- Visits customers (driving car and or flying) as needed to establish and maintain good relations.
- Maintains communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of the organization and customers using established guidelines.
- Issues monthly action and summary report to manager
- Coordinate new project start-ups among internal departments
- Track new tools/Replacement tools and coordinate as needed while updating customer
- Attends production meetings to provide customers information and to learn about any production problems that would potentially create delayed shipments
- Receives forecasts from customers and enters into sales plan
- Achieve monthly sales goals
- Achieve annual sales goals
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management
- Technical Capacity
- Financial Management
- Demonstrated proficiency in setting and achieving goals
- Demonstrated exceptional sales presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in leadership skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in teamwork skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in organizational skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills on the Windows platform
- Bachelor’ s Degree in a related field of study required. Work experience combined with formal education, may be considered.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the company.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires a person to have the ability to perform work while standing, sitting, or walking a minimum of eight (8) hours a day. Lifting up to 15 pounds on a frequent basis, up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to perform work that is below the knees and above the shoulders on a frequent basis. This position also requires a person to be capable of performing sustained motion for a minimum of eight (8) hours a day and capable of repetitive motion for up to four (4) hours. Good vision at close distance is required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Hours of work are normally Monday through Friday, 8: 00 a.m. to 5: 00 p.m., 40 hours per week.
- This position requires up to 50% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel may be international
- Training, to perform your job, normally occurs on an on-going basis concurrent with business operations. Training areas will normally include safety, quality, continuous improvement and other job specific training that is determined to be an essential part of your job and business operations.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.