Quality Manufacturing Engineer
The Quality & Manufacturing Engineer for the R&D Center is principally responsible for the team-based QE & ME tasks as assigned by the Project Manager for New and Transfer Products projects.
The Q&ME will lead the efforts for Molding and Manufacturing FAIR & Validation processes. The Q&ME will provide customer-plant liaison quality analysis, specifications and processes to support manufacturing operations using technical knowledge and software tools as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- As the Team Quality Engineer, be present for all process development and process sampling activities
- Take the lead role in working with the various Team players to perform FAIR’ s, DOE' s, Capability Studies and Process Validations (IQ/OQ/PQ) on product samples for new molds and transfers
- Document and communicate quality process results with the Team via written forms, emails, photos and videos
- Check, respond to, and react to MS Project PWA Account tasks at least three times per day. Task assignments are very dynamic and change daily.
- Check, respond to, and react to MS Outlook emails at least three times per day. Timely responses to external and internal customers are essential in this role.
- Provides Quality input and documentation into tool building and process development to ensure customer requirements are met once tooling is transferred into manufacturing.
- Act as liaison between various Departments and the Customer to discuss and resolve issues surrounding customer documentation and specifications, customer quality requirements, and customer problems.
- Provide applicable quality engineering support to the various Departments by performing / facilitating Quality Engineering techniques such as Process Flow, Process Capability Analysis (Cp, Cpk), Pareto Analysis, FMEA, Statistical Sampling, Root Cause Analysis, GR&R and Process Validations.
- The Q&ME is responsible for the implementation and improvement (as necessary) of statistical methods, quality cost analysis, specification and procedure development, conducting internal and supplier quality audits as necessary. He/She will conduct customer complaint investigations (root cause analysis) and will determine proper corrective/preventing actions to be taken as necessary.
- Uses process capability studies, including identifying characteristics, specifications, and tolerances, developing sampling plans for such studies, establishing statistical control, etc. to test variability.
- Calculates analyzes and interprets repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies, measurement correlation, capability, bias, linearity, etc. including both conventional and control chart methods.
- Develops and continuously improves product and process control methods such as developing control plans, identifying critical control points, developing and validating work instructions, developing and analyzing quality control plans.
- Utilizes the following elements of the corrective action process including problem identification, failure analysis, root cause analysis, problem correction, recurrence control, verification of effectiveness, etc. to address, correct or eliminate product or process issues.
- Applies various preventive action tools such as error-proofing/poka-yoke, and analyzes their effectiveness as a means to improve product quality and manufacturability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Science / Engineering discipline or equivalent manufacturing experience.
- Experience in product and process failure analysis and an understanding of quality techniques such as SPC, TQM, etc.
- Must have demonstrated a record of achievement in problem solving with production teams.