Waterbury, CT | Direct Hire
General Purpose: Works closely with customers, i.e. engineers and buyers, plus company plant managers, department managers, supervisors, manufacturing personnel, designers, moldmakers, quality control inspectors, and market development engineers.
- Quote new tooling, revisions, and initial part pricing as dictated by customer RFQ’ s.
- Initiate the necessary documentation needed to ensure an efficient workflow – i.e. new tooling orders, tooling revisions and quality specifications.
- Direct, Monitor, and Control individual job progress by effectively managing the triple constraint – Cost, Quality and Time
- Coordinate customer requests on new tools, revisions, and initial production orders with the appropriate departments.
- Assure complete customer satisfaction by consulting with customer’ s technical personnel on product design, material selection, processing considerations, and quality control methods.
- Manage all projects from conception through validation.
- Responsible for correspondence with customers, both verbal and written.
- Conceptualize mold design and construction techniques.
- Perform job cost analyses at the completion of new tooling projects.
- Be responsive to customer’ s demands and be able to influence internal cooperation to meet those demands.
- Represent Company’ s interests while maintaining goodwill with our customers when conflicts arise, and demonstrate a good " business sense".
- Coordinate technical issues requiring supplier input.
- Research and keep up with new emerging technologies, applications and related equipment, process and materials.
- Minimum of six years Project Management AND direct technical experience in the plastics industry, i.e. part design, tool design, and tool construction using CAD/CAM, CNC, and EDM equipment, plus extensive materials knowledge, processing, and quality control methods.
- Familiarity with the IQ, OQ, PQ process.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying scope.
- Experience using MS Project a plus