Program Project Manager
Greater Indianapolis Area, IN | Injection Molding
Program/Project Manager – Provide New Product Launch program leadership to ensure the successful transfer of new programs to production.
Job Location: Greater Indianapolis, IN area
Company: The Company is a globally-recognized, certified WBE contract manufacturer of injection-molded components and assemblies. The company is a privately-held, financially strong organization with over 86 years of experience, currently serving the medical, automotive and commercial electronics markets. The company offers its customers services from design for manufacturability and project management through injection molding, assembly, packaging and sterilization management. For the automotive market, the company is TS 16949 certified, and for its medical customers, the company functions under ISO 13485 certification and operates a state-of-the-art, FDA compliant Class 8 (100, 000) clean room. The company enjoys the added advantage of a joint venture/partnership with a prominent European injection molder/assembler. The company has its main manufacturing facility in Indiana, with a JV manufacturing facility in Mexico, and an affiliated/cooperative manufacturing operation in Germany.
Responsible for the project plan development, execution and successful transfer of New Product Launches (NPL) from inception to full production. Responsibilities include leadership and direction of cross functional/technical team members and management of project costs, quality objectives and timelines to ensure that quoted standards and internal/external customer goals are met. This position will be responsible for managing several projects launches concurrently.
Main Activities and Responsibilities:
- Function as the company’ s primary customer communications leader for all non-commercial aspects of each project.
o Proactively initiate regular contact with the customer to ensure complete understanding of customer requirements and to update the customer on the status of the program. Ensure that there are no “ surprises” for either the customer or the company during the program launch activities.
o Lead the resolution of all non-commercial issues that arise with the project. o Regularly confirm customer’ s requirements with the project’ s company Cross Functional Launch Team (CFLT) members.
- Coordinate the activities of the CFLT members. Ensure regular, effective intra-Team communications.
- Confirm the scope of the project with the customer before or at the time of project kick-off. Develop a Statement of Work with the customer that is in alignment with the company’ s quoted program costs.
- Manage “ scope creep” in the project and ensure that project costs adhere to the program budget.
o If customer requires additional work outside of the Statement of Work, cooperate with the company’ s Sales Account Manager to quote the cost of the additional work.
- Plan project resources and ensure proper support is given to the project teams.
- Schedule and lead regular project timeline meetings to ensure the project stays on schedule and on cost.
o In the event project progress is not meeting expectations, immediately develop and drive recovery plans/corrective action to bring the project back on track.
- Coordinate and lead technical problem-solving meetings as needed.
- Accompany the Sales Account Manager to customer meetings to provide technical and project status support.
- Ensure that all project work follows the company’ s project management processes and documentation requirements
- Review and approve all documents before their submission to the customer.
- Demonstrated record of taking personal ownership of and accountability for projects is required.
- Positive, “ can-do” outlook and demonstrated success at creative problem-solving, using data analysis, are required. Six Sigma certification or certification in similar analytical problem-solving tools is a plus.
Program Manager, October 2017 page 1
- Bachelor’ s degree is required, with majors in mechanical, industrial, tooling, manufacturing, business or plastics technology engineering strongly preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of business experience in manufacturing operations is required.
- Experience with injection molding of thermoplastic components is required. The ability to give detailed direction for tooling adjustments (dimensional corrections) is a strong plus.
- Minimum of four (4) years of recent experience as a project manager, with a demonstrated track record of leading CFLTs to successfully launch projects on-time and on-budget in a molding, manufacturing or product development environment is required. Project management certification is a strong plus.
- Direct experience with effectively leading customer communications is required
- Experience with Automotive and/or Medical Device project launches is strongly preferred.
- Moderate level of capability in using Excel or like software is required. Experience with MS Project is a plus.
- Overnight travel, about 10% to 15% of time, with some occasional international travel is required.
- Competitive base salary, commensurate with experience, skills and accomplishments.
- Incentive pay program available.
- Full benefits program.
- Relocation assistance available.
Position Reports to: VP of Operations and Engineering