GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: Supervisor and direct plant floor activities to improve efficiency, labor distribution and uptime
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: These are duties that the person holding this job MUST be able to perform. The company makes accommodations on request, if the accommodations are reasonable, to allow otherwise qualified applicants to perform these functions.
- Act professionally toward all employees, i.e., “ lead by example” and promote a “ can do attitude.”
- Enforce the proper use of PPE at all employee levels and provide a safe environment for all employees.
- Ensure that all injuries and incidents are reported and investigated properly and turned in the day of the injury or incident. Investigations must be thorough and should include employee statements, sketches, and diagrams to ensure all relevant facts are documented.
- Maximize uptime on all machine centers with the objective of reducing and eliminating downtime.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage operational issues to enable the attainment of operational targets— uptime must be equal to or greater than 92% and labor efficiency must be 100% or better.
- Manage and direct plant floor activities to improve utilization of company resources such as material, labor, and machine. Strive to surpass company objectives through effective management processes, material, and human resources
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalency; plus 3-5 years’ experience in leading teams in a manufacturing environment. Associate or Bachelor’ s degree preferred.