Manchester, NH | Injection Molding
Job Function: To set up and establish molding parameters to ensure products meet customer expectations. Set up and run all new tooling and engineering sampling requirements. Receives instruction from the Manufacturing Manager and General Manager.
Some supervisory requirements.
- May be required to perform the duties of a Shift Supervisor if necessary.
- May be required to attend and/or hold training meetings and/or informational meetings.
- May be required to perform preventive maintenance if necessary.
- Maintain and control all technical data and forward documented training to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Develop process parameters that ensure product quality that meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Improve existing processes to meet or exceed cycle standards while maintaining parts to sprint specification.
- Ensure equipment is maintained and proper documentation is forwarded to maintenance to support production capability and requirements.
- Communicate all problems, questions or unusual situations to supervisor, quality and shift personnel.
- Complete all documentation in a timely manner.
- Read, interpret and follow company policies and procedures. Notify proper personnel if there is a problem, which keeps you or anyone else from observing these requirements.
- Set up and start molds for production as required.
- In absences of Senior Process Engineer, be able to set up and establish process parameters for all new tools and engineering samples.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations; report any potential problems to your supervisor.
- Must set example in all actions of work, discipline, attendance, quality and performance.
- Perform related work as required.
- Assist Manufacturing Manager and Scheduling in scheduling of samples and production runs in the shop.
- Be available on an on call basis for processing problems.
- Keep tool process files updated.
- Supervises Shift Supervisors.
- Education/Training: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Work experience-6 months past proficiency in a machine operator position, and/or 6 months past plastic molding experience.
- Read, write and speak English language.
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities.
- 18 years of age minimum.
- Must have adequate transportation and possess a valid drivers license.
- Any acceptable combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required skills and abilities.
- Must possess a telephone and/or provide communication access.
- Demonstrate attendance exceeding basic company guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess the ability to perform in a flexible and adaptive manner to situations and work demands.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Possess the ability to perform a variety of manual tasks.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of materials, methods and practices commonly used in the manufacture of plastics.
- Must possess knowledge of effective supervisory practices and procedures.
- Must possess the ability to input data on computer and type basic operations notes for communication daily.
- Possess the ability to understand and operate molding machine controls.
- Possess the ability to write set up, start up, and equipment handling instructions.