GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: The Materials Manager, under the direction of the General Manager, assumes responsibility for management and accountability of Shipping, Receiving, Purchasing and Scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: These are duties that the person holding this job MUST be able to perform. The company makes accommodations on request, if the accommodations are reasonable, to allow otherwise qualified applicants to perform these functions.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformance of purchased product to ensure quality levels are maintained and continuously improved. Maximize customer satisfaction levels.
- Manage activities of those engaged in purchasing materials, components, and packaging.
- Manage activities of those engaged in the movement of raw and finished goods.
- Manage the activities of the production scheduler, ensuring that any issues are addressed to avoid missed delivery dates to customers.
- Manage monthly inventory counts, both at the plant and warehouse locations.
- Prepare inventory reports of all finished goods to be given to Accounting.
- Prepare reports of finished goods, material, etc., and obsolete raw and finished goods.
- Manage distribution of material to customers.
- Support production in movement of material and report on-time deliveries to Corporate and primary staff.
- Manage distribution of material and customer deliveries.
- Oversee movement of materials to the plant to support production.
- Manage regrind and report excessive regrinds.
- Provide weekly forecasts of sales and assist in the development of yearly sales budget.
- Manage inventory turns.
- Report obsolete raw and finished goods on a monthly basis to Controller.
- Manage activities of those engaged in entering orders from customers, making sure customers are being communicated with on the status of their orders.
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective policies and procedures for controlling inventory levels, inventory turns, shipping/receiving, and all other material-related activities.
- Ensure the completion of accurate documentation associated with purchasing (MRO and Raw), scheduling, MRP, ASN’ s, EDI, inventory control, and shipping/receiving.
- Ensure the effective implementation of new programs within the MRP System. Document activities accordingly and maintain documentation to company-directed procedures.
- Establish long-term goals for each Material Department team member and measure their results in the application of task completion and thoroughness of work performed.
- Assure TS16949 conformance and accuracy within the Material Department.
- Manage employees fairly and equally, setting fair and reasonable performance objectives, conducting performance evaluations, when due. Manage marginal employees for improvement or, when necessary, separation.
- Support management team and be the leader for employees reporting to you, taking them to the next level of excellence.
- Perform other duties, as required, for the safe, efficient and profitable operation of the division.